Reading for Pleasure Analysis

LI: To read numbers, identify problems and find possible solutions.

For maths, we were analysing data. We were reading numbers on each of our statistical graph’s, identifying the problems of the answers and finding solutions for the problems. To do this, we gathered information about reading for pleasure in LS2 by answering a survey which had questions about reading for pleasure. We picked three questions to make graph’s about and identified the issues regarding the questions. To find the solutions to the issues we asked ourselves what we could do in order to solve the problems. I found this activity interesting because I was shocked about the amount of people who do not read for their pleasure.

One thought on “Reading for Pleasure Analysis

1. Kia ora Fazana!

Thank you for sharing your statistical investigation on the subject of Reading for Pleasure. My name is Naomi and I am a literacy facilitator with Manaiakalani. I found your analysis very interesting, especially that so many of the class are not currently reading a book in their own time. There are so many positives to reading for pleasure that include decreased stress, improved language ability, world knowledge and even empathy (being able to appreciate what others are feeling).

I like your suggestion of borrowing books from your school and public library, particularly in getting parents involved to transport students. Do you have a book you are reading at the moment?

I look forward to hearing how your class takes action to change some of the trends in your data .

Nga mihi nui,
    Naomi.